Best Shiatsu Massage Chair Reviews
Last Updated on
Last year, more than 40 million Americans received a massage. If you were one of them, you probably already know that massages are just plain awesome. On top of helping relieve stress, massages loosen muscle tension, improve circulation, strengthen the immune system, and can even help improve sleep. Unfortunately, even though massages are awesome, they can get expensive. In particular, a Shiatsu massage session can cost upwards of $100. Many people are solving this problem by purchasing their own massage chair. If this sounds like an interesting idea, read this article to find out which is the best Shiatsu massage chair for you.
Arguably, one of the most beneficial types of massage is a Shiatsu Massage. More specifically, “Shiatsu” is a Japanese word that literally means “finger pressure”. For centuries, Japanese culture has been perfecting the art of Shiatsu massage. Shiatsu draws from the basic principles of traditional Chinese medicine. Similarly, Shiatsu is designed to enhance the flow of Qi in the body. As a result, Shiatsu massage differs from normal massage in that it consists of small rhythmic pulses along meridian lines in the body to prevent blockages. For instance, Shiatsu massage therapists are often seen stepping on their patient’s backs or jabbing their knuckles with intent.
If you use massage therapy regularly, frequent $100 sessions can add up. However, there is an alternative. Why not just buy your own Shiatsu Massage Chair? Surprisingly, for many years, Shiatsu massage chairs have been available on Amazon. The best Shiatsu Massage Chair for you will depend on several different factors:
- Level of massage intensity
- How much room you have for the chair as well as style of the chair.
- Comfort level
- Areas of pain
- Size and portability
Shiatsu Massage in Japan
Typically, when we think of Shiatsu massage, we only think of intense massages involving the body. However, Shiatsu massage in Japan is a spiritual practice. As a holistic healing technique, it is used to cure illness. Shiatsu massage in Japan involves locating the cause of your sickness on a physical and emotional level. After you locate the cause or obstacle to your Qi flow, then you can begin to heal. See the video below to hear what this Shiatsu master has to say on this topic.
Below are the best Shiatsu Massage Chairs currently on the market.
Snailax shiatsu Neck & Back Massager with Heat, Full Back Kneading Shiatsu or Rolling Massage, Massage Chair pad with Height Adjustment, Relieve Muscle Pain for Back Shoulder and Neck AL233
- Makes a great gift for the hard worker in your family.
- Customers agree that it has the same intensity as a stand alone massage Chair.
- This Shiatsu Massage Chair is equipped with a heated function that helps loosen your muscles even more.
- Additionally, this Massage chair has a detachable washable cover that goes in your washing machine.
- The massage Rollers do not fully retract after the massage has ended making it uncomfortable to leave the pad on your chair indefinitely.
- Some buyers have complained that the massage can be very intense. Especially if you aren’t accustomed to getting a massage.
- The rollers do not have a large range of motion and do not go all the way up your back.
Folding Shiatsu Massage Chair with Heat – Back Neck and Shoulder Massager – Adjustable Deep Kneading Rollers Self-Massager Seat with Vibration, Electric Full Body Massage, Relieve Muscle Pain, Home
- This Shiatsu Massage chair folds which makes it portable and easy to store.
- Many customers have voted this the best Shiatsu massage chair for back pain because of its multiple different neck and back massage modes.
- Customers appreciate the recline function of this chair because it allows you to easily control the intensity of the massage by adjusting how much weight you put on the rollers.
- This product lasts for a long time.
- The Cord on this chair is short and, as a result, limits where you can place the chair.
- Most buyers agree that it gives a great massage but the chair itself is not as comfortable as a fully padded chair.
Real Relax Massage Chair, Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner with Heat and Foot Rollers, Black
- This Shiatsu Massage Chair uses air bags to massage the arms and legs in addition to the back.
- The Chair is compatible with many different heights.
- Customers say that the chair massages every part of the body effectively.
- It has a zero-gravity function which allows you to recline the chair with your remote.
- Customers say that the company has great customer service and also respond to inquiries quickly.
- If you are tense in your lower back then you may want to consider padding the bottom of the chair as it tends to put a lot of pressure on this area.
- Even though the chair is easy to assemble once you get it in to your house, it is a large chair and does arrive on a pallet so make sure you have some help when it arrives. Also, it may arrive in 2 parts.
- The air pressure bags and rollers make slight noise while they are moving.
RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II Plus] Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair with Built-in Heat and Air Massage System – Charcoal
- Customer service is very responsive at Relaxonchair.
- This chair is equipped with several Shiatsu settings: Deep Tissue, Relax, Rejuvenate, and Stretch.
- Several reviews state that this chair helped customers reduce the pain from a neck injury.
- Customers agree that the stretching setting coupled with intense rolling improves circulation in the arms, legs, and back.
- You will need someone to help you set up this chair.
- It takes some time to get used to the remote control.
- The foot rollers can sometimes be too intense if you are sore but these can be turned off.
Shiatsu Massage Cushion Pad with Heat Massage Chair Cushion, 3″ Height Adjustable, Full Back & Neck Massager-Kneading Rolling Vibration Massage Seat Cushion for Home Office and Car Use (Black)
- This massage chair accessory is versatile allowing you to take it in the car with you.
- Buyers also agree that this chair gives a strong massage for the price.
- The customer service at Kind Bird is Amazing.
- This chair is heated making it a great addition to your car if you don’t already have heated seats.
- This shiatsu pad only has two rollers that move up and down to target different muscle groups.
- Some customers also complain that the neck pad is not adjustable.
- The seat cushion is too large for some smaller chairs.
Which is the Best Shiatsu Massage Chair for you?
Ultimately, the best Shiatsu Massage Chair for your needs will depend on your preferences. You may want a portable chair that is easy to store in the closet. Sometimes, you might take long drives and want something that makes your car seat more comfortable. If you are ready to go big, you may even be set on making a shiatsu massage chair a permanent piece of furniture in your home. After sifting through many different types of shiatsu massage chairs, I came up with the list above. Therefore, these are the best shiatsu massage chairs on the market based on reviews from actual customers. I hope this post was helpful. Please feel free to comment below with your shiatsu massage experience.
Amazon Associates Disclosure
Sam Metz at Calm Hippo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.