5 Best Cupping Sets: How to Choose a Cupping Set
Last Updated on
What is Cupping Therapy?
Cupping Therapy is an ancient healing technique in Chinese medicine. For hundreds of years, it has been an effective way to reduce tension, alleviate pain, and promote overall health. Recently, this method has become very popular in western culture. More specifically, athletes use cupping therapy as a way to speed up recovery after strenuous exercise. Consequently, many Doctors offices and massage facilities have started to adopt cupping in to their list of services. However, cupping can be done in the comfort of your own home without having to pay someone else. In order to do so, you will need to purchase a cupping set.
Purchasing a Cupping Set
Above all, here are some questions to consider when you decide on the best cupping set: Are you interested in using the fire cupping method or suction method? Further, what area of your body will be receiving the cupping treatment? Will your cupping experience be accompanied by a traditional Chinese massage? Finally, what is your price range?
Please see the list below for the 5 best cupping sets on the market.
Cupping Set Professional Chinese Acupoint Cupping Therapy Sets, Suction Hijama Cupping Set with Vacuum Magnetic Pump Cellulite Cupping Massage Kit 22-Cup
- This product is great for back pain as a result of strenuous physical activity.
- It is easy to adjust the suction with a convenient release valve on top.
- The kit includes many different sizes for all areas of the body.
- The price is reasonable as it costs less than an average cupping therapy session.
- The suction power is strong if you are not used to cupping. Therefore, you should start off with a low intensity for your first time.
EDGE Cupping Therapy Sets – Silicone Vacuum Suction Cupping Cups – Muscle, Nerve, Joint Pain Relief (Emerald Green, 4)
- These are great if you workout often.
- The squeeze-on method makes these cups easy to apply without having to attach a pump.
- These cups are a great option for healing injuries in specific places.
- Their shape and flexibility make them versatile and easy to place in different areas of your body.
- Unfortunately, It can be difficult to get enough suction if you aren’t strong enough to squeeze the cup hard.
- The cups lose suction ability after repeated use. Be sure to use two hands when applying the cups and watch the instructional video.
- Some of the cups have edges that make it painful to move.
Glass Cupping Therapy Set With Guidance On Application And Aftercare – Multi Size 12 Piece Pack
- This company has included a free-ebook that shows you how to prepare and also perform traditional cupping therapy.
- The cups have convenient finger grips making them easier to place.
- The cups have smooth edges for comfortable sliding.
- This set is perfect for beginners who want to learn about traditional Fire Cupping Therapy.
- Every once in a while one of the glasses can break in the shipping or handling process.
- The thick rigid glass makes it difficult to place on surfaces of the body that are not flat.
Cupping Set, Electric Chinese Acupoint Cupping Therapy Sets,Vacuum Suction Cupping Therapy Magnetic Treatment Gun with Cup for Relieve Muscle Pain Joint Sore Massaging Coodle
- The electric suction gun makes for convenient application without having to use fire or a pump.
- Additionally, the small cups allow for easy placement and slide with ease.
- This product also comes with an easy to use USB charger.
- This set only includes 8 cups.
- The tube component loses suction after repeated use.
ENDIGLOW Silicone Massage Cupping Set with Portable Package, Stronger Suction- Best for Reducing Muscle & Joint Pain, Shoulder & Back Pain, Knee Pain, and for Injury Recovery（10 Cups）
- These cups have a very strong suction.
- They are easy to apply with one hand.
- The price of this set is low compared to other silicone sets.
- The set only comes with 10 cups.
- This set only includes one size of cup.
Types of Cupping Sets
Cupping sets come in three different forms.
Traditional Fire Cupping Set
Fire cupping is how it all began. These types of cupping sets use glass cups to increase blood flow. Fire cupping starts with a flame that is placed on the inside of a glass cup. The suction comes from the difference in pressure between the inside and outside of the glass cup. Cupping therapists immediately use this suction to draw the patient’s skin in to the cup relieving pressure. Like most cupping methods, fire cupping works best if you oil the patient’s skin first. This will allow the skin to slide more freely on the rim of the cup.
Pump Cupping Set
Pump Cupping sets include either a manual or electric pump. This tool delivers pressure by sucking the air out of the cup after it is in position. These types of cupping sets can generally produce more pressure than traditional fire cupping. Once the cupping session is over, you can release the pressure by squeezing a valve on the top of the cup.
Silicone Cupping Set
In order to use a silicone cupping set, you must squeeze the cup and then place it on your skin. Place the rim of the cup firmly on your skin and then release your grip. The advantage of this method is that these cups are flexible. As a result, they are easier to apply and also more versatile for areas of the body that are not flat.
Cupping Therapy Benefits
Cupping therapy works by relieving pressure in the areas where you place the cups. Traditionally, it is meant to encourage Qiflow by bringing blood to different areas of the body. In this way, it also acts as a form of massage. Since cupping originated from Chinese medicine, cup placement is also heavily influenced by meridians in the body. According to Chinese medicine, different points on the body effect different systems. Below are some other common cupping therapy benefits.
- Pain relief
- Improved metabolism
- Digestive health support
- Improved circulation
- Muscle tension relief
If you are considering buying a set and trying cupping for yourself then I would recommend doing some research first. Below are a few tips that will help you get started.
- Clean the cups and your skin with soap before applying the cups.
- If you are using a traditional fire cupping set then observe fire safety and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Leave the cups on your skin for about 10 minutes. I would recommend starting with a shorter session so that you can get a feel for your cupping set.
- If you are using a pump cupping set then use the lowest pump setting possible to start out.
- Oil the skin where you are applying the cups. Some of these sets have a very intense suction that can sometimes tear your skin. Not surprisingly, oil will allow the skin to slide along the edge of the cup.
Chinese Cupping therapy is a great way to increase blood flow and loosen your muscles. Fortunately, thanks to the products above, it is something that you can do in the comfort of your own home. There are many different types of cupping sets. To sum it up, the best one for you will depend on what you are looking to get out of cupping. Evidently, cupping sets vary based on, size and versatility of the cups, comfort, type, suction intensity, convenience, and price. I hope this post helped you decide which cupping set is right for you. Leave a comment below if you decided to try any of these cupping sets.
Amazon Associates Disclosure
Sam Metz at Calm Hippo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.